Ever had anyone to suggest that you need more beauty rest? Maybe you suggested to someone else that they needed it, or you commented that you hadn't gotten enough beauty sleep...
Being a woman who has had plenty of sleep problems myself, I thought it would be a great idea to research just how important sleep is. Yes, common knowledge tells us that sleep decreases dark eye circles and some might have even noticed that increased rest decreases irritability.
Although these reasons are good ones to get your rest, there are others to keep in consideration, when you decide to choose work, play or whatever else, over sleep. Studies show that sleep is also good for concentration, increased learning abilities, decreased depression, increased lifespan, a better sex life and diet assistance. YES! I said Diet assistance!
Check out this website for increased knowledge on how sleep aides with our workout process and goals for sexiness!
Oh yeah, and I did also say Sex Life, lol:
Tips for getting better Sleep:
- Go to bed the same time each night and get up the same time each morning.
- Sleep in a dark, quiet, comfortable environment.
- Exercise daily (but not right before bedtime).
- Limit the use of electronics before bed.
- Relax before bedtime. A warm bath or reading might help.
- Avoid alcohol and stimulants such as caffeine late in the day.
- Avoid nicotine.
- Consult a health care professional if you have ongoing sleep problems.
- Decrease stressful situations/thoughts before bedtime.
- Try not to take work to bed with you.
So, is "beauty sleep" a myth? I'd say, NO Way! Sleep is so important to our lives in so many ways, physically, mentally and emotionally. I hope that this post has been as helpful to you as it was for me. Until next time, I am your passionately driven... ChristalNicole...