Skip to main content

Fashionably Expecting

Have you ever noticed that when you get something new, you start seeing everyone else with the same thing or something similar? Well, it's really no different with pregnancy! Once you're expecting, you notice that "Wow! Everyone's expecting!" At least, that's what happened in my case. All of a sudden, I started noticing all of these expecting mothers, and my fashion eye couldn't help but be stunned! Of course, I'd noticed the bellies peeking out of the bottoms of shirts before, but it seemed to be a more regular occurrence, now that I seemed to have a new pregnancy radar-type sixth sense going on. Why, oh why is the beauty and glow of pregnancy being dimmed by these cruel fashion faux-pas's?
Soooo, of course SUPERWONDERAWESOMEWOMAN fashion stylist ChristalNicole has come to the rescue!

We all know how strongly I feel about being fashionable on a budget. Because of my own personal bohemian-inspired style, I've hardly had to purchase anything during my pregnancy. I've absolutely LIVED in my maxi dresses! A great tip for cutting down your maternity wear cost is to look through your closet and pull out dresses and tops with empire waists (seaming that is right under the bust) and flowy/A-line shapes.
I understand that there are some women who actually look forward to going out and buying actual maternity clothes (for some, it's part of the experience). For those women, I am totally supportive! This blog is both for you and the woman who either doesn't have the money to do that or wants to buy garments that can also be worn well after pregnancy.

I found it somewhat difficult to find the cutest affordable looks in the store that were actual maternity garments, but online shopping seems to be very maternity friendly. MotherHood http://www.motherhood.com/ is a great shopping source and has multiple designers, including Heidi Klum's "Loved" line (which is very affordable) and Nicole Richie's "A Pea in the Pod" (a little pricier, but very good quality and great styles). To shop some of the other styles featured in this blog, check out these links also: http://rstyle.me/g6cehs2fd, http://rstyle.me/hc2v392fd and of course, http://www.target.com/.
Now remember, just because you are carrying a miracle, it doesn't take a miracle to still look like you care about your appearance. Make your partner proud to say "This is the mother of my baby", and don't go out in public with too little garments and an unkempt look. I won't go "deeply" into hair and makeup in this blog, but let's not forget that part of fashion is how you look from the neck up also. A simple ponytail or bun makes such a difference in showing your beautiful face, rather than forgetting that you have a comb (believe me, I've had those days where I did NOT feel like doing the hair myself). If you're not an "everyday makeup" girl, like me, then remember to keep your skin cleansed and moisturized, so that your natural beauty can shine forth. You will look great and most importantly feel great also :-)
I hope that this has helped someone or helped you to help someone. If you still have questions or need a personal stylist for that extra help, don't hesitate to contact me http://www.christalnicole.com/.
Always with love and a passion for fashion, ChristalNicole is signing out, until next time...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's Ok to Say "Yes" to You...

Everyday, you go to work, whether it's at home or a long commute. You take care of your business. You take care of your family, from your parents, siblings, children and/or grandchildren. Everyone seems to get your attention, except you... Your body aches, from hours of working, tension from stress, and you can't think of the last time you had a peaceful night of rest. Your mind is constantly filled with a list of tasks, none of which include a moment for you. You're tired, but someone else has asked you to assist with a project, and/or you need to meal prep for the week for your family. You only go to the doctor, when you're making an appointment for someone else, once you've finished being both nurse and doctor to your loved ones. STOP!!! You can't go on like this! It's time to take care of yourself too. Why? Well, let's see: Decrease stress, which will also lead to, A healthier life/lifestyle (physical and mental) A sense of life fulfillment, includin

Put Yourself In Time Out...

There's just something about koi ponds that makes me feel relaxed and have a sense of peace. Places such as this provide me with a nice little break from stressors and quiet time to calm the storm that is incessantly present in my brain... A Time Out According to Wikipedia, "Time-out is a form of behavioral modification that involves temporarily separating a person from an environment where unacceptable behavior has occurred." As adults, we get moody (ie, grumpy, snippy, attitudinal...), stressed, overwhelmed, etc. These are behaviors that are generally Un-Acceptable for/to the persons around you, especially the ones closest to you. So, today, I am going to play the virtual Mother and "sentence" you to a Time Out, Mister/Ma'am... For children, this means removing them from a pleasurable activity or environment, to give them time to "reflect" on what they have done to cause the consequence. For adults, this means to remove you from the en

Reflecting to Reflect...

The dictionary defines a reflection as "the throwing back by a body or surface of light, heat, or sound without absorbing it...." or a "serious thought or consideration"...... I have a tendency to be a "deep" thinker (hard to believe, I know) and sometimes even over-analytical (another shocker, right?). Anyway, while conversing with someone earlier this week, we began to discuss my goals and aspirations for my image consulting business. I elaborated on the details of what a complete "image" is. By definition (Ms. Literal here), an image is "a representation of the external form of a person or thing..." I believe that the image is formed not only by what we dress the external in but what exudes from the inside. While discussing this, I began to "reflect" on my purpose and how my actions are not just a reflection of me but also the principles, morals and standards which I claim to represent. Ever wondered &q