According to Wikipedia, "Time-out is a form of behavioral modification that involves temporarily separating a person from an environment where unacceptable behavior has occurred." As adults, we get moody (ie, grumpy, snippy, attitudinal...), stressed, overwhelmed, etc. These are behaviors that are generally Un-Acceptable for/to the persons around you, especially the ones closest to you.
So, today, I am going to play the virtual Mother and "sentence" you to a Time Out, Mister/Ma'am...
For children, this means removing them from a pleasurable activity or environment, to give them time to "reflect" on what they have done to cause the consequence. For adults, this means to remove you from the environment/people/area that is causing your negative vibes.
Anyone who has read some of my blog material, and/or follows me on social media, knows how much I love the beach for its peace and tranquility. However, what I've discovered is that I don't need to and shouldn't wait for months at a time to take a long, and sometimes expensive, trip in order to take a time out. There are so many other ways to get that little necessary break. I have a few pointers/ideas for your Time Out sentence:
- Determine what brings YOU happiness/joy/peace, as this is different for different people. For me, I need/enjoy:
- a quiet place
- alone time
- beautiful scenery
- Block your calendar for the weekend
- don't allow anything/anyone to book up your schedule for you (something that I have a difficult time with myself)
- unless it's an emergency, don't convince yourself that you Need to do something else besides taking this Time For Yourself (synonymous with Time Out)
- Visit a hot spot in town in town (if you truly don't have a whole weekend to spare or you direly just need to "step outside of your world" for a moment)
- Take a weekend trip to someplace new
- Take a Time Out no less than once a month
As much as my heart desires to travel the world (and I will), I've had to come to the realization that I need more than the sporadic beach/ocean view. After one of my regular self-evaluation sessions, I have determined that my behavior (self doubt, negative thoughts, etc) is absolutely unacceptable, so I'm going to put myself in Time Out (soon)... And you should too...
Planning for my Time Out and feeling positive, I leave your always passionately driven ChristalNicole...
I believe i will... Thanks ❤ReplyDelete
That's awesome <3Delete
You are so welcome! I am glad that I was able to bring you something useful...