Whether it's a person, situation or emotional attachment to something, many of us have a difficult time with letting things go and moving on with our lives...
Yes, I'm talking about myself as well. I'm guilty (first step is to admit it, right?), or at least, I have been:
- Recognize that you're holding on to that infectious thing (just be "real" with yourself)
- Make a conscious and definitive decision to let go
- If it is a person, then recognize that you are giving that person power over you that he/she probably doesn't even realize has been given (especially due to the fact that the other person has usually moved on and isn't giving you or the situation a second thought)
- Recognize your worth and the value of your time (while you are wasting time crying, pondering, being bitter, hating, chasing, etc. etc. etc., you could be taking over the world baby!)
- Talk to someone about what you're feeling (wise friend, counselor, clergy, ChristalNicole ;) )