Skip to main content

Just Be You...



"It's called 'I felt like wearing socks with my sandals, so I did'" is what I said to her, when she gave me a weird look and asked why I was wearing socks with my wedges. Then, because I wouldn't back down to her questions, more questions followed, in reference to the rest of my ensemble for the day. Not to be wavered, I simply replied "It's my style. If you don't like it, then so what. You do you, and I'll do me."
It amazes me how people have so many comments to make about others style, when they don't have a signature or personal style of their own, especially when the "style" that they have is not really "style" but matchymatchy cookie-cutter ensembles. I stick to my belief that "fashion is art", and an expression/extension of oneself.
My own personal style is quite eccentric, involving bohemian-fused inspirations and quirky vintage or thrift pieces. I was nervous to try the sock and sandal style that I loved, until I had problems with my toe and couldn't wear closed-toe shoes over it's ugliness. After I tried the trend, I felt the freedom that I love, and ran with it and my headwraps!
I am from a small town and have never totally felt that I "fit in" but have matured to a "non-caring" state of mind and have a hope to inspire others to do the same.
Be who you are not just in personality but in style and fashion. Don't let others determine how you express yourself. That being said, you may wonder how a stylist like myself can find fault in or improvement in an outfit?
There are simple and sometimes small tweaks that have to be made to outfits, because of the possibilities of frumpiness, competing patterns, ill-fitting garments, etc. If you are confused, then that is where you need the assistance of SUPERAWESOMEWONDERWOMAN ChristalNicole. If you are feeling "flowery" on this day, choose a dominant flower pattern and accessorize or accommodate that pattern with smaller, quieter pieces. If you are in the mood to mix patterns, choose patterns that are similar in color scheme, pattern or size. No matter what "mood" you are in, always make sure that your items are fitting properly (not too tight and not too big in the wrong places).
Today's food for thought: Just Be You... and if you need help figuring out that personal/signature style, then call me: ChristalNicole with ChristalNicole's Fashion Styling and Consulting...

 
 
Yes, these looks are quirky and different, but that's partially why I love them! What are some of your quirky and uniquely you looks? Send me pics at christalnicoles@yahoo.com and I may add them to my next entry... Be blessed...

Comments

  1. I think socks with wedges/heels/oxfords/whathaveyous are cute!!! I think I love my boots too much. I have waaay too many of them. Most of my friends call me a hippie with how I dress and I'm okay with that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you are confident in your style! My rule of thumb with shoes is: if I actually wear them, then I keep them. If it's been a year or two & I haven't touched them, then it's time to get rid of them & get new ones, lol! Otherwise, how is it POSSIBLE to have too many shoes?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Ok to Say "Yes" to You...

Everyday, you go to work, whether it's at home or a long commute. You take care of your business. You take care of your family, from your parents, siblings, children and/or grandchildren. Everyone seems to get your attention, except you... Your body aches, from hours of working, tension from stress, and you can't think of the last time you had a peaceful night of rest. Your mind is constantly filled with a list of tasks, none of which include a moment for you. You're tired, but someone else has asked you to assist with a project, and/or you need to meal prep for the week for your family. You only go to the doctor, when you're making an appointment for someone else, once you've finished being both nurse and doctor to your loved ones. STOP!!! You can't go on like this! It's time to take care of yourself too. Why? Well, let's see: Decrease stress, which will also lead to, A healthier life/lifestyle (physical and mental) A sense of life fulfillment, includin...

Smile! It Really Is Good For You...

A SMILE A FROWN                               VS How many times have you been walking down a hallway or into a store, and someone told you to "Smile, it'll make you feel better" (or something like that)? Were you in "one of those moods"? Did you scowl harder, thinking "why doesn't that person mind her/his own business"? Surprisingly enough, whomever that may have been that attempted to encourage you was also looking out for your health! Smiling has been proven to be beneficial to our health in a number of ways. Some of the benefits include:           Lower blood pressure Relief of Stress, by the release of endorphins that cause us to be happier A stronger Immune System Aaaaaand, better relationships, which is definitely better for our health than negative ones A little research to back up all of this knowledge that I'm dishing: ...

Chilled to the Bone, but not the Heart...

The cold weather is officially here, and I find myself ready to bundle up and cuddle... Funny thing is that I'm thankful for the ability and desire to be a loving person. Yes, I said "thankful", and yes, I said "ability". Truth be told, there was a time that I wasn't sure that I wanted to be that "loving" person. I didn't want to keep having my love taken for granted or used against me as a tool of manipulation. I didn't want to be hurt again (because that seemed to be all that my loving character brought), by anyone in any relationship, no matter what the dynamic of that relationship may be. I thought that maybe if I could just be a cold-hearted person, and keep my affections exclusively for my children and immediate family, then I could avoid being hurt by others... Ever been there? Still there? Well, let's walk together through why it isn't healthy for you to allow your heart to freeze over: Stifling emotions can actually cause y...