Skip to main content

Just Be You...



"It's called 'I felt like wearing socks with my sandals, so I did'" is what I said to her, when she gave me a weird look and asked why I was wearing socks with my wedges. Then, because I wouldn't back down to her questions, more questions followed, in reference to the rest of my ensemble for the day. Not to be wavered, I simply replied "It's my style. If you don't like it, then so what. You do you, and I'll do me."
It amazes me how people have so many comments to make about others style, when they don't have a signature or personal style of their own, especially when the "style" that they have is not really "style" but matchymatchy cookie-cutter ensembles. I stick to my belief that "fashion is art", and an expression/extension of oneself.
My own personal style is quite eccentric, involving bohemian-fused inspirations and quirky vintage or thrift pieces. I was nervous to try the sock and sandal style that I loved, until I had problems with my toe and couldn't wear closed-toe shoes over it's ugliness. After I tried the trend, I felt the freedom that I love, and ran with it and my headwraps!
I am from a small town and have never totally felt that I "fit in" but have matured to a "non-caring" state of mind and have a hope to inspire others to do the same.
Be who you are not just in personality but in style and fashion. Don't let others determine how you express yourself. That being said, you may wonder how a stylist like myself can find fault in or improvement in an outfit?
There are simple and sometimes small tweaks that have to be made to outfits, because of the possibilities of frumpiness, competing patterns, ill-fitting garments, etc. If you are confused, then that is where you need the assistance of SUPERAWESOMEWONDERWOMAN ChristalNicole. If you are feeling "flowery" on this day, choose a dominant flower pattern and accessorize or accommodate that pattern with smaller, quieter pieces. If you are in the mood to mix patterns, choose patterns that are similar in color scheme, pattern or size. No matter what "mood" you are in, always make sure that your items are fitting properly (not too tight and not too big in the wrong places).
Today's food for thought: Just Be You... and if you need help figuring out that personal/signature style, then call me: ChristalNicole with ChristalNicole's Fashion Styling and Consulting...

 
 
Yes, these looks are quirky and different, but that's partially why I love them! What are some of your quirky and uniquely you looks? Send me pics at christalnicoles@yahoo.com and I may add them to my next entry... Be blessed...

Comments

  1. I think socks with wedges/heels/oxfords/whathaveyous are cute!!! I think I love my boots too much. I have waaay too many of them. Most of my friends call me a hippie with how I dress and I'm okay with that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you are confident in your style! My rule of thumb with shoes is: if I actually wear them, then I keep them. If it's been a year or two & I haven't touched them, then it's time to get rid of them & get new ones, lol! Otherwise, how is it POSSIBLE to have too many shoes?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's Ok to Say "Yes" to You...

Everyday, you go to work, whether it's at home or a long commute. You take care of your business. You take care of your family, from your parents, siblings, children and/or grandchildren. Everyone seems to get your attention, except you... Your body aches, from hours of working, tension from stress, and you can't think of the last time you had a peaceful night of rest. Your mind is constantly filled with a list of tasks, none of which include a moment for you. You're tired, but someone else has asked you to assist with a project, and/or you need to meal prep for the week for your family. You only go to the doctor, when you're making an appointment for someone else, once you've finished being both nurse and doctor to your loved ones. STOP!!! You can't go on like this! It's time to take care of yourself too. Why? Well, let's see: Decrease stress, which will also lead to, A healthier life/lifestyle (physical and mental) A sense of life fulfillment, includin

Put Yourself In Time Out...

There's just something about koi ponds that makes me feel relaxed and have a sense of peace. Places such as this provide me with a nice little break from stressors and quiet time to calm the storm that is incessantly present in my brain... A Time Out According to Wikipedia, "Time-out is a form of behavioral modification that involves temporarily separating a person from an environment where unacceptable behavior has occurred." As adults, we get moody (ie, grumpy, snippy, attitudinal...), stressed, overwhelmed, etc. These are behaviors that are generally Un-Acceptable for/to the persons around you, especially the ones closest to you. So, today, I am going to play the virtual Mother and "sentence" you to a Time Out, Mister/Ma'am... For children, this means removing them from a pleasurable activity or environment, to give them time to "reflect" on what they have done to cause the consequence. For adults, this means to remove you from the en

How can I make you smile today?

How can I make you smile today Everyday, I want to hear you say Can I be the one that dries your tears The one who calms your fears Tell me, will you let me Love you, ever so gently Unrelenting, contently With a newness so surreal A reality causing your heart to heal... - ChristalNicole I have a tendency to write poetry in a romantic/passionate tone. However, this little short poem, though it is applicable romantically, is a poem about self love (now read it again).  Now, how can I make YOU smile? Have I already accomplished my goal? Has it ever occurred to you, the fulfilling nature of just bringing a little joy to another person's day? Seriously, random acts of kindness and care are literally healthy for you. Think about it. It feels so great, when someone thinks about you, cares about you and shows you love. It also feels rejuvenating and liberating to get a good laugh out of your belly, am I right? Well, now think about what it feels