I am in no way a sketch artist. However, I had this vision of communication being the roots of a relationship, sprouting branches of longevity, commitment, loyalty, love, trust, etc.....
So let's discuss this "thing" called communication. It is an idea, a concept, a living entity, necessary/mandatory for any type of relationship to begin, be sustained and/or end. It is birthed and either nurtured or abandoned, causing it to become either positive or negative.
There are three types of communication:
- Verbal (Talk to/with me. Tell me what's on your mind. Don't just talk "at" me)
- Nonverbal (I see how you look at me or fold your arms in a negative manner or how you hold/kiss me to express your love...)
- Written (Text. Write a note, etc)
I am so literal, and I love the definition that I found for the meaning of communication. The verbiage "exchanging of" and "means of connection" are almost poetic to my brain. Communication is the key to reviving a broken friendship/marriage or the stake driven into the heart of an already dying relationship.
Understanding the importance of communication is the first step. Understanding "how" to communicate is the next step...
But how? I know you're asking (and I've been trying to help you out with that already, but here's a little more...)
- Be transparent/honest
- Be willing to share yourself, your experiences, as you expect the other person to do
- Don't talk AT a person. Talking at a person means that you are not allowing that person to speak, and what have we learned today? Communication is an "exchange". It is "sharing".
- While communicating, listen and pay attention, so that you can learn the other person. This will help you to learn a person's temperament, what that person likes/dislikes, etc....
Okay, I have given you some pretty deep and precious golden communication nuggets. If you still need more, then you may just need to come see me for a life skills session. I'm easy to find...
Until we meet or the next time I share, I leave you your always passionately driven ChristalNicole...
Post a Comment